While most of us adore the appearance of fluffy white snow cascading through the skies, there are some significant down sides to the chilly winter months. The cold weather takes a harsh toll on our skin, whether you realize it or not. Here, we’ve come up with 5 essential tips for keeping your skin looking as great as ever & beating winter weather!
1. STAY HYDRATED: Hydration is key during the winter because the skin dries out easily due to the cold weather. You can combat this by using a moisturizer or serum that retains the moisture your skin desperately needs. Make sure to drink plenty of water as well.
2. EXFOLIATE: Exfoliation will remove the dead and dry flakes from the surface of your skin. BUT! Be sure to only do this 1-3xa week because over exfoliating can damage the skin.
3. KEEP UP WITH THE SUNSCREEN: Even though it’s often cloudy on winter days, UV rays still break through the clouds & can damage the skin just like on a hot summer day. Just because you can’t see The Sun doesn’t mean it isn’t there! Protect your skin with some SPF.
4. SKIP THE FOAMING CLEANSER: Foaming cleansers will strip all of the oils from your skin- even the good ones! Since the winter has already dried out our skin it’s important we retain our healthy oils that hydrate it. Try switching to a clay cleanser (like our Brazilian Clay + Lavender) or a milk-based cleanser to nourish the oils we want to keep instead of kicking them out.
5. FACE MISTS ARE YOUR FRIEND: Face mists are great not only poolside to cool off, but during the winter it can topically replace lost moisture. It’ll give your skin a nice boost in moisture and give you a gorgeous glow.
Make sure to give these tips a go and let us know how they treat you. It’s so important to take care of your skin year-round. Stay warm ladies & gents!